Autoupgrade.jar throws error at analyze phase - UPG-1316

While testing the newest versions of autoupgrade.jar, I was running in an error (on my MS Windows environment, I haven't tested that for Linux, etc. yet). 

The error itself is shown as upg-1316, unexpected exception error:



I have seen two different causes, one is for checking disk space without using a Fast Recovery Area. Then you get this "Min_Archive_Dest_Size" error:

 
The same problem arises, when autoupgrade is doing a check for the FRA size - "Disk_Space_For_Recovery_Area".

Versions that are affected are 19.9.2 and 19.10.0, the issue does not happen with 19.7.3, 19.7.5 and 19.8.1 at the same database / server.

After investigating the issue with the Development, the issue was fixed within 4 days at the newest development version, which I have tested successfully. I don't know, when this version will be released and with which version number. If you do hit the problem, stay at 19.8.1 or go for a newer version than 19.10.0, as soon as it is released.
 
@Dev: Thank you for the quick fix!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issue. My source is 19.22 and new version is 21c latest.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be published soon...